Today, I am able to give you an identity; a name that is all your own. The sonogram (you'll learn what that is someday) showed you to be a boy. Unless for some reason the sonogram is wrong....which could happen, but let's suppose for the sake of the overly sappy letter I am about to write you, it's not.
You cannot understand how insanely relieved I was to see your vital organs working as they should, or how it feels to see your heartbeat and know that you are alive. It is the most amazing thing a mother can feel, and now I feel like I actually miss you, although we haven't met. I want so much to meet you; to see how much you look like me, and to hold you!
You are already so amazing and so loved....I admit, I selfishly wanted a girl because (you'll learn this, too) boys go through this phase when they are young...the "terrible twos". Having been the oldest of 5 siblings...I've seen it first hand. I will tell you now, that if you should decide to become a brat and throw constant fits for no reason I will still love you, but am going to be one of those "tough mothers". So be forewarned... On the other hand, I can't wait until we can play pirate and games and I can teach you to ride a bike. And, someday when you have sisters, you are going to have to be big brother. This alone will be your payback for the "terrible twos".
I wanted to tell you that I can't believe how much you've grown, how beautiful you've become, and how much I love you already. You are my son, my little angel without wings, and I just simply cannot wait to meet you!
I love you!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment