Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cancer

I feel like I've had a cancer removed. I don't know why, but I just do. Have you ever felt as though you know something needs to go, but you like the comfort...you don't want the chemo, or the radiation, or the surgery, but it has to be done. What if all along you didn't know you had cancer...you didn't realize that your organs, pumping blood, functioning normally, were fighting a cancer? What if you welcomed the carcinogen in, and your very heart worked to pump blood to the organs who unknowingly aided the growth of it, and now realize you were given cancer by doing so? What if now it has spread to a place that leaves you feeling empty, hollow, and alone?

It's just a day; and this too shall pass. I will heal, and eventually, be better off. But for now, I have wounds that need some time to heal.

No comments: